December 24, 2005

Water Theme

Apparently, The Studio is quite dead. I came up with this great idea of posting all ballet/dance stuff there since some find it boring here and well, yeah, I'm a people pleaser most of the time, so there. As life unfolded, I realized how much intertwined ballet is with the rest of my life. My apologies to those who have to scroll down particularly long posts on my passion.

*******
It must be some chronic disease of sorts. Everytime I come home, I pray that I'll be a respectful and obedient daughter. Things go swimmingly well for the first few days, then I get what I like to call The Flashes. I get irritated by my parents and I drag my feet around.

Example: A little while ago, my mom just told me that she expected me in bed by 12. I had to bite my lip to prevent a caustic remark from getting out. Honestly, I'm still a trifle annoyed. My bedtime is 4AM and I'm wide awake until then. What am I supposed to do lying there in bed?! It will just irritate me more and make me less inclined to sleep. Honestly, I've lived with my insomnia long enough to know that getting into bed early and waiting for sleep doesn't work. Erg! Things turn into a battle of who knows best. And right now, I think I know what's best.

Oh Lord! Help me to listen to Mom and give this thing another go. Maybe this time, I'll fall asleep within 15 minutes. If I don't, sorry Mom, but the books say you should get up and do something else for a short time then try going to sleep after that. I tried Mom, really I did.

There, compromise, the life vest of situations like these.
*******
Hah! I used swimmingly then life vest...Funny.
*******
Oh, I'm sorry, please excuse me. Dear silly me, I've been going on and on about myself. How are you? I hope you're all having a great break too.

Have a joyful Christmas everyone!

No comments: