December 07, 2005

The Strong

We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only weakness needs support. Strength needs it far more.

She can smile and laugh the whole day. But the night finds her weeping on her knees, crying out from the depths of insufficiency, loneliness, and yes, weakness.

She can live without your kind validation if somewhat barely. She knows she just has to get it somewhere else. But it would be nice to enclosed in arms, to feel a warm hand on her back, or a smile caressing her.

She is as vulnerable as anyone else, only more adept at disguise and deceit.

She needs your prayers, your encouragement and your company like any other.

She is amazed along with you, when at the end of the day, she realizes she has survived. And she looks up at her Source and gives thanks.

2 comments:

Chel said...

This is lovely. I've always loved the idea of the balance between the strong and weak parts of ourselves. My desire is that God use the strong parts He gave me and continue to mold the weak parts that I bring to the table myself.

Krissy said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note. :) I too am thankful that God gave me weak parts. It hems me into His mountains of strength.