December 11, 2005

The Awe Continues

On my second (yes, just my second!!!) ballet class in pointes, I was once again humbled and awed at my Lord. I barely survived the walk en pointe around the studio to warm up my arches. During barre exercises, I was collapsing to demi-pointe (the position where the balls of the feet are on the floor) and I had to lift myself using my arms to get back on en pointe. My center work was baaad too.

It made me think about last Sunday's Cantata. I did a couru for the angels singing part in "What Child is This" and had my teacher been there, she'd probably be surprised. I really don't have enough strength to maintain my balance and position on my toes. It takes incredible core strength (my tummy is one of the laziest areas) and correct contraction of calves and hamstrings and all those leg muscles. And I have none of that.

"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness.
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly
of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
---2 Corinthians 12:9
Glory to God!

No comments: