August 11, 2005

Written August 8: Waking up to Tears

I woke up from my afternoon nap and felt incredibly depressed. So I ended up crying and crying. What makes the incident odd is the fact that I don't really have anything to be that depressed about. Besides it takes a lot to reduce me to tears (with the exception of cocckroaches). So after a two hour long weeping session, I wonder, do I have some sort of chemical imbalance in my brain?

I mean, everything is going nicely in my life. I don't have anything to complain about really. And of the things I am having problems with, I wasn't really feeling that miserable over them. So how come the depression attacks?

It wouldn't have been so out of this world if it was an isolated incident. As it happens, this is the fifth one since the June.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

Hey, thanks!

Anonymous said...

would it be offensive to say that I actually feel relieved reading this entry? Not that the thought of you being depressed relieves me. "Nonsense depression" strikes me at the oddest times too. I'm relieved I'm not the only one experiencing it. With that, I think you should feel relieved you're not alone too.

Is it me or are there many "relieves/d"s in the above comment?
:)
God bless!

Krissy said...

Ma'am Becca,

I guess all the "relieves/d" show how much you're relieved. Ang saya! It's nice to know we aren't alone. :)

Geez, does it feel weird to have a professor go through my journal. But it's a happy and warm kind of weird. :)

God bless po!