August 15, 2005

Appetizers

I'd like to get through with a few "appetizers" before the "main course":

1. It rained the whole week! I went home on Friday and I didn't mind the P90 taxi fare to the bus station. After a week of constant downpour, Cubao makes for one of the most unsavory places you could walk in. There's few things that annoy me more than having my jeans all wet and dirty and my white sneakers muddy.

2. I hated to miss another ballet class but it was imperative that I visit my dentist. My molar band popped off in the middle of me eating a banana cue and I chewed it into a pancake. I guess the many colas I had worked the paste into disintegrating. So the wire on my lower teeth was popping out too and the rubber bands were hanging on for dear life. Everything was just so painful. My apologies to those who aren't fluent in Brace-lish.

3. When I got home, it was raining there too! I didn't mind so much though. It was really nice to see everyone again. SLU suspended classes on yesterday for their intramurals and my brothers got to go home too. Mom went crazy in the kitchen, fixing up salads and chicken and cake. My dad and grandma were having a feast right along with us kids because when it's just the three of them, they stick to vegetables and fish. The house looked so clean (yeah, I really have to write that). And both the dogs had puppies two weeks ago so that provided lots of fun. The dalmation pup looks exactly like her mom. I made my parents promise that they wouldn't give her and another cute pup away.

4. I rarely go out in shorts. Sometimes, I'm not that confident with my legs. Almost always, it's simply an issue of modesty. So when my jeans refused to dry in the wet weather, I frantically searched my closet at home for something I could wear for the trip back. I came up with a lot of skirts, some shorts and no jeans. I was forced to wear shorts on the trip. I hardly slept because it was so cold in the bus. I had already selected the longest of my shorts, which only covered my legs halfway down my knees so I used my jacket as a cover and my upper torso froze for five hours. But I did enjoy the fantasy that I was a tennis player on tour. Hehe.

5. I am such a nut. When I'm depressed or problematic or nervous, I laugh or smile a lot. To most people, I look like I'm actually happy and having fun. This property of mine can create a lot of trouble because there are times that I really am laughing because I really am happy. Although my usual show of happiness is being quiet and withdrawn. I guess that makes it hard for me and other people to understand things. I'm so thankful my friends have learnt to discern my laughs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristina, I just got a Luther movie. No need to contact that Malaysian friend of yours.

JUST WANT TO COMMENT THAT THE MOVIE WAS GREAT!!! EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH IT. hehe.

Krissy said...

Jordan...grrr...

Anonymous said...

what's with the grrr. hehe.