August 20, 2005

Diaries of a Balletomaniac # 2

{I can't think of any other title...}

I’m beat again. This time though the pain is intense enough to cause me to limp when I walk. Hi there long lost muscles!

Teacher Rara graduated from UP too. She majored in Dance at the College of Music. Now someone can relate to UP stories. :)

Both teachers recommended I attend the Level B class so I can get better acquainted with the basics which you’re already supposed to know when you’re in Level C. That will help me get en pointe faster. That also means six hours of ballet a week. Wow, I’m going to die! Joke. I guess I’ll take it slow for the time being. Maybe I’ll take the Level B class on Fridays for a month then Fridays and Saturdays on the next. I wouldn’t want to overwork my body. Cold showers and muscles aches don’t go well together. And cold showers is all the dorm has.

The great thing is, I don’t have to pay for this extra training. Man, do I feel so lucky I’m at this school. God really got the best for me when I asked Him for a ballet school. “Ask and you will receive…”

Must start saving for pointe shoes.

No comments: