January 02, 2006

[Insert suggested title here. I'm out of stock right now]

Okaaay, first day of the year was, well, like any other day. Got up at 7AM to hear Mass with the family. I must confess that I spent most of the non-sermon parts discussing the our church's recent renovations with my brothers. The priest talked about God's involvement in our lives and how we should respond to His initiative in loving us. After Mass, me and Mom talked about committing mortal sin by not going to Mass. Glad to report that she thinks it's a silly idea and that it has no Biblical basis.

It was my parents' 22nd wedding anniversary. We've never actually celebrated it and this year was no exception.

Cleaned the house, helped Mom cook lunch and dinner, made an utter mess of coleslaw, played tug-of-war with Babsy(our puppy), did stretches and barre exercises, watched Master and Commander, and updated blog. Or updating blog.

Anyway, here's a list of things I'd like to do this year:
  • Achieve a GWA of at least 1.75.
  • Go iceskating. It's been on hold for five years already!
  • Hold regular Bible studies.
  • Make more friends in my college.
  • Take a lot of pictures with my digicam. Ida is giving me her old one! Yey!
  • Spend summer in California and/or Florida. =)
  • Learn basic Korean.
  • Learn more German since I'm considering graduate studies there. Don't ask me about the financial aspect of this venture. My Mom and I haven't figured that out yet.
  • Plan and take necessary steps for graduate studies.
  • Execute a clean SINGLE pirouette en pointe on my left leg and another on my right leg.
  • Have my grad pic taken and other graduation related things.
  • Lose 10lbs. =)
  • Acquire VCDs of HP1-3, LOTR trilogy, and Only You (the Korean series on ABS-CBN).
  • Donate blood at least twice.
  • Watch Chronicles of Narnia, Memoirs of a Geisha, and HP4.

The list goes on but I think I'll keep the rest to myself. =)

There's something in the Bible that says something about man planning a lot but in the end, it's God's plan that always happens. I sure do hope these things are part of His plan. =) And if not, I hold to the fact that His thoughts are higher than mine.

No comments: