January 12, 2006

Ten Digits a-aching in Tough Shoes

I've been doing pointe work weekly since November and I must have really weak feet. My pointes haven't broken in yet. I can't demi-pointe and it doesn't hug my barely-there arch. If anything, I hope this means that these shoes are tough enough to last me until I have another P3,000 to spend on a new pair. I've worn out my toe pads already so I have to get a new pair. I bought extra ones last year but they got lost along with the toe tape, extra ribbon and elastic in the backstage mess of the cantata.



I did some exercises this afternoon and then took a picture of my coup-de-pied. See the sole of the shoes doesn't even curve! Let's not even bother about my turn-out!

Here's what it should look like (these are Jackye's feet):



Still, I'm okay. A ballet mistress said it takes fifteen years to master the art of pointes and I've been at this for only two months.

God help me be the best I can be here. The fact that I am a beginner, an adult one at that, and that I be dancing as worship (not for people who are paying $60 for the show)is no excuse for me to remain sub-par. The fact that I I have this amazing God who has redeemed me and who loves me gives me even more reason for excellence, not just in ballet, but in everrything that I do.

Hah! Easier said than done! So I pray for help.

No comments: