January 15, 2006

Sugar Rush

Here I am, three Coke Lights, two Oishi Pillows and two apples later, so high on the sugar rush that I feel like I can do five fouettes(see picture below). But I still can't. Durg!

Today started out a little weirdly. I showed up at the Morning Service because Kuya Butch tells me I'm needed. There are other Sunset service people there too. We end up getting a gift in recognition/thanks for helping the church. It was nice but weird. I read about what was going to happen on the post on the Sunset Yahoo group, but I didn't think it would push through. The church thanking me is an alien idea. I'm not sure why right now. But thanks to DCBC for being a great community and for the oppurtunities for service that I've had among you.

Guys, it's ACLE on Thursday. DCF is holding one at Molave on fantasy, films, and faith. It'll be a discussion on Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings and the Da Vinci Code movies and Christian spirituality. Do come and hang with us if you're free on Thursday afternoon. =)


I finally have my own copy of "Only You", that Korean series on Channel 2. My roommates are rooting for Jonathan but I'm a TJ-girl. I can relate to his character. I'm selfish and immature and if I ever do get into a relationship, I'll probably be doing all the wrong things he's doing. I'd need to have someone like Gillian to love me and be patient with me. So it's probably a good idea that I'm single right now and that I'll be single for a couple(?) more years. I'd like to be married around 27 and have kids around 30, but it's God's plans that will come through and I'm open to them.

It's embarrassing how I want to do so much and be so independent and yet want to have a man by my side for the rest of my life, and perhaps a family too. But that's the way God made women. We long for adventure, a part in a bigger story, to be Arwen or Eowyn and yet we long for romance too, to have an Aragorn, to have someone stand for us and lend us strength. I am indebted to John and Stasi Eldredge and their book "Captivating: Unveiling the Heart of a Woman" for these revelations. I recommend it to every woman who asks why she is who she is and wants to know what God intends her to be.

And I am thankful because I don't have to wait for a guy to come along before I can take part in adventures, or be romanced or have my beauty unveiled. For the Lord romances me and answers the question my heart asks, "Am I captivating?".

Shalom everyone.

2 comments:

merilion said...

yes, you ARE captivating. =)

don't be embarrassed about your desire for a mate. it's normal for us to long for someone (i miss shiilah terribly knowing she's in singapore =P). God Himself will help you find your partner in life: be it a certain guy, or Himself. =)

sorry about the text. there was supposed to be a smiley at the end. si ate sha kase and nagtxt nun. she doesn't use smileys. hehe. =)

and thanks once again for your help and service in the ministry. i hope you inspire more people. God bless you. =)

Krissy said...

*Laughs*

Thanks for all that Kuya. Aww, how sweet of you to miss her. I didn't know she was in Singapore! I just saw her last Sunday! =)

I'm almost afraid to check your blog...You should update Kuya, you write beautifully.=)

God bless po!