January 19, 2006

Turn my Black Roses Red

This morning, I decided to take a long bath, treat myself to a pedicure, and then put on the most chic ensemble I can dig out of my closet. Only then would I head out into the world, coffee in hand while other hand casually flips hair over my shoulder. And then I might feel better about myself, about my exams and the world in general.

Shallow eh?

But as I walked out of the door, bath basket and towel in tow, the sight of another glorious morning made me close the door, drop my basket and towel and sit on the bed.

Lord, today, I need for You to be real to me. I am lonely, there are things I feel I need, there are people I feel I can stop caring for and there's a world out there that annoys me right now. But then there's that sky and it's speaking Your new mercies for today. I want to know You more. Won't You walk with me today Lord? And the maybe my hair, my skirt and my coffee won't seem as important...

No comments: