September 08, 2005

Therapy & Double-stuffed Oreos


You'd think that the combination of an all-nighter and no breakfast, no lunch would be lethal.

Well, I somehow managed. Not really well though, but I'm okay. I had to skip my Stat 131 class (11-1p) because I was so dizzy from the lack of food, drink and sleep. So how I managed to get through my 7AM class earlier, I have no idea.

What happened was I stayed up all night doing my problem set in Stat 131. The thing's a group effort but I was guilt-driven to do at least half of the work this time because last time, a poor group mate of mine did it practically all on her own since the other (including me) didn't understand any of the lessons enough to know a MLE from a MME.(1)

Then, I had no time to eat breakfast. Then I slept through lunch period. Then, it was off to the group meeting to finalize answers to the problem set. Then to the College of Music to watch a "Strings, Drums and Gongs of Asia". Then to the library to pick up much-needed supplementary reading for my Stat 135 exam. Then, finally home to much needed comfort food, double-stuffed oreos and therapy at The Porch.

Sorry, sabog.

So now, I'm struggling to avoid catatonia. Chew woman, chew!

On a more general point of view, I had a fun day. I bonded with my other sleep-deprived classmates. I found a couple of new friends over a caffiene session. I got to answer 4 out of 8 questions correctly in the problem set. I got to watch an amazing concert that makes me want to learn the koto(2). (See photo) But I'll wait that out. Usually, my desire to learn musical instruments fades a month after the concert. If by October, I'm still bent on learning the koto, well, then, I'll cross the bridge when I get there. And I was so touched by Jonathan who bought the double-stuffed oreos for me.

The coolest thing about today? I could feel God being my crutch the whole day, helping me through it and giving me the calm in the face of so much to do.

Kids, remember the pact. Thanks!

Ciao!

(1) In case, you wanted to know: MLE = Minimum Linear Estimator and MME = Mean Moments Estimator.
(2) A Japanese zither of 13 strings of equal tension stretched over bridges.

1 comment:

imissw said...

confession time - i din manage to keep the pact! :-(

yeah, there were some hours which passed by when i actually did not say the prayers!!!!!

but thankfully, even if we are not faithful, God is still faithful!

go get sum sleep!

God bless.