September 12, 2005

Breaking the Seal

After a week of news-hermetic living, almost worthy of the seal on a cardiac arrest unit on an ambulance, I headed to Google News for a much needed update. Here's some of the stories that struck me:

PROTESTANT PARADE TURNS VIOLENT

AT least a dozen police officers and two civilians were wounded as Protestant extremists threw homemade grenades, petrol bombs and other makeshift weapons in fury over a restricted Belfast parade...

Tsk, tsk, tsk... And I naively thought it was all over.

EVACUEES PRAISE RED CROSS (HURRICANE KATRINA)

Do pray for the people over there who've suffered.

And for all the volunteers, medical personnel, social workers, etc.

UN REFORM HOPES HIT BY ANNAN CRISIS

THE PASSION OF KOFI ANNAN

For the last two, I need time to think things over.
And do that research into the UN.

1 comment:

Webmaster said...

Beautiful writing! I loved what you wrote about your parents! You have a wonderful ability to express your thoughts! I currently use the penname, Marion Penname; I am male. Check out my blog. http://jobharmony.blogspot.com/2005/09/how-to-loose-money-and-kill-morale-in.html