September 03, 2005

Catching Up

It's been another of those busy weeks again. Classes are going to end on the 1st of October so it's exams, exams and exams. Thankfully, I don't have any subjects that require papers. Just the exams.

I had two this week, both on the same day and both scheduled without any interval between them whatsoever. I had my Stat 131 exam from 9a-1p and my Stat 125 exam from 1p-3p last Wednesday. Come Thursday, my roommates were reminiscing on how great a day the previous one was because all they did was sleep. I said, "Really? It didn't seem all that great to me."

I probably failed my second exam in my Stat 131. Not for lack of review, I guess. I did spend almost three weeks on it. Well, I did my best.

Something "exciting' happened during that exam though. Someone was caught cheating!!! Oh my goodness! I felt so bad for my professor who's this really patient, kind guy. He does his best to impart all this statistical theory and he's a professor of ours for three consecutive semesters already. It was so shocking to find that someone had the nerve to bring a copy of the sample exams with her into the exam. I mean, I do understand the desperation that grips most of us during exams in this particular subject since it is the prerequisite of all our subject next semester. But, di ko kayang gawin yun.

There's this "HONOR EXCELLENCE" printed on our bluebooks (our usual exam paper here in UP), just below the printed seal of the university. We put our signatures under it in what I understand to be our pledge to that code of honor and excellence.

I feel so bad for our professor and lately, really annoyed at the person who cheated because now, Sir Lans won't allow us to bring the distribution tables to exams. While it makes it easier for him to tell if someone is cheating (because there's another sheet of paper other than his bluebook on his desk), this also means we have to memorize a LOT of formulas. And I hate memorizing.

No comments: