August 11, 2006

letting it all hang out (rants galore)

I know I said that the next post would contain my thoughts on Mr. Segal's attack on ballet, but I'm too tired for that. I'm not in the mood, don't have that kind of energy right now. So I'm sorry, but I'm taking a detour, much as I hate the lack of organization it will cause.

Since seven this morning, all I've heard from friends, tutee, classmates and professors are observations of how wan and tired I look. Man, my burnt-out condition is physically manifesting itself! And I'm merely at the gate of what looks like a very long road.

It'll be 7:00 AM again in about three hours and it's freaky people. I have this SAS thing I can't seem to jumpstart my brain. I swear, if there was just a granule of coffee in this room, I'd pick it up and put it in my mouth, and irrationally hope it'll make a difference.

But, I still enjoy it, my life as a Stat major. I know I'll be so high once I get this SAS program to actually run (and I hope it runs sometime soon or I'll die). I've been getting pretty decent exam scores back so yey, I have small packets of motivation which I hog in Smeagol-like fashion. And I just read that the US is concerned over the slump in foreign students and is taking measures to entice more like me to go over there for graduate degrees etc. Sounds good to me. Reminds me to dust off my GRE reviewers.

So, what has it been? Almost a month? Yeah. I've been avoiding the church scene for some time. Well, I did go home on that one Sunday and I got back here late so that doesn't count. I hope. Anyway, I just can't haul my butt anywhere that'll make me masochistic.

The thing is, most of the time, it really is easier this way. Selfish and very, very malicious and very rebellious, I agree. Not like agreeing is going to be the first step back or something.

I'm blabbering. Heck, it's 4AM. I have the right. It's my blog. It's my life. Or at least I choose to think so. Hah.

Good night (good morning?) all you good kids out there. You go do the sleeping for me. I have to finish this sub query thingy.

No comments: