March 03, 2006

Allez Krissy

My impending reunion with relatives in the US and Singapore is making me mucho mucho body-conscious. That and the fact that in my Stat 132 class, composed entirely of 22 females, I am the heaviest. We did a survey for our lecture. It was kinda depressing to have classmates that were 5'6"ers and 5'8"ers weighing just 115 lbs at most. So don't tell me I weigh this much because of my height.

I'm trying to figure out how I can lose 10 lbs because this BMI calculator on the web tells me my ideal weight is 122 lbs and I'm a neat 10 lbs over that. MSN Prevention says losing 1.5 lbs a week is the safe thing to do so that's a bummer since I have less than a month, I think, before trip and those embraces where your relatives tell you, "My goodness! You're all grown up now, a woman! And you've gained weight! You used to be so thin---my goodnesss!"

So, get with the program Krissy. Let's make good use of the time left. I'm a little skeptical of my ability to avoid the late night snacking on highly processed foods crammed with fat because it is finals month and acad stress means a hungrier Krissy at two in the morning. Maybe a supply of bananas will solve that. We'll see.

Jogging at least three times a week. How to fit that into my schedule, I don't know. Basta, huwag friday and Saturday, lest you kill yourself jogging then dancing ballet. Winsor Pilates every other day. Hey, it just takes 20 minutes so that shouldn't bum a lot.

Maybe cut down on food intake to allow for late-night snacks. I wonder, is that healthy? But for a month, should I care about healthy?

Anyway, should anyone care to join me on my quest for a lighter, fitter and more flexible body, send me a text message. I'll be here, trying not to go out to the WelCom sale to get a bar of chocolate and downing several liters of water.

My roommates think I'm so motivated. Let me tell you, I'm just scared and insecure.

No comments: