June 07, 2005

Off I Go

Yey! I'm Back in UP as a Statistics major. God is so good to me!

Enlistment's been such a pain though.

First off my grievance list is the processing of my permit to transfer which took ages because the two people who needed to sign it were off campus. One of them, the head of the Physics department, was off in some lab and the other, the college secretary, was off in the island paradise of Boracay. Had to wait a week.

Then I spent an entire day without food or water and not feeling well in a queue to get my university admission slip. I was #311 in the line.

Then it was enlistment proper where almost every step starts at a queue. I lined up for my Form 5A, for enlisting in Stat courses, for enlisting in General education courses, for library clearance, for council fees, for my Form 5, for post-advising and for payment of tuition.

Somewhere in the process, I lost a pound and lots of water. Which, when you think about it, is pretty good somehow. But I'm thankful for how God sustained me through that and how He loved me despite complaints and whines flying out me almost every minute.

I've enlisted in 16 units, which translates into three statistics majors and two, unnecessary general education subjects. When I planned out my academiuc loads for the next two years, I came up with the plan of getting 15-16 units each semester of statistics subjects. See, this is my fifth year in UP and I'm done with all my general education subjects and PEs and the minimum load is 15 units. So I was thrown off center when Sir Joyce (who's a really cool, kind and hip adviser) told me that I couldn't take up these two Stat electeives I planned to take this semester because they changed the prerequisites for the courses. Arg! I was therefore left with 10 units of Stat majors and nothing else.

I wanted to take up Math electives, but as it turns out, I already took them back when I was a Physics major.

So for this semester, I have two, rather odd courses: World Music Cultures and German 10. Odd because, one, I don't like German (I'm a french/italian/spanish gal) but it was the only language course that had slots and two, what am I going to do with this music subject? It has no relation to my course and so I had a slight problem convincing my mom to pay for it. But, again, I had no choice. Well, this ought to be interesting though.

Okay, fresh start in UP calls for some fresh goals and necessary changes in my lifestyle.

Necessary changes (Lord, grace. I can't do this alone):

> Manage time wisely. No more of Scarlett O'Hara's "I'll think about it tomorrow" philosophy.
> Budget money. All three of us are in college now and mom is going nuts.
> Wake up for 7:oo am classes!!!
> Watch out for ytour health. Avoid skipping meals. And when possible, go for a jog. This is the
ninth semester I've told myself to lose weight, but hey, this semester might be different. :)
> Take care of your relationships. Listen and stop pretending to listen---Gasp! Now you all
know...
> Make good you commitments at church and in the org.
> Be intentional about my Christian spirituallity. What you reap is what you sow right?

Goals (A tad ambitious, yes, but reach for the moon so you fall among the stars right?)

> Get a GWA of 1.75 or higher and grab my first official College Scholar certificate.
> Lose weight.
> Know Him and enjoy Him even more. (tama ba na nasa goals ito?)

Hello first semester. Here I come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back! nice to hear from u :-)

you know wat? i should adopt ALL your fresh goals and necessary changes in MY life too (except that i think that "lose weight" applies more to me than you!!!) as it is so applicable to me! oh, except the GWA of 1.75!

will pray for you. we ALL need his grace daily.

take care - and always carry a bottle of water around wif you! dehydration is bad.

Krissy said...

Thanks for everything!