June 25, 2005

Doodles

1. There is definitely something mystical with tea. I mean, the stuff hardly excites the senses because it’s basically water with some bland taste. I am, however, addicted to it. Instead of a stash of coffee, I have packets of tea now. Am now so caffeine-free that it disgusts me.

2. Every time I go to eat at the canteen, I can’t help but glare at our servers. I asked for a no-meat diet and I asked for it in the proper way but I was abruptly and somewhat rudely refused. The management said that they wouldn’t change my meals because I was the only resident they’d be cooking special meals for. If I could find about 30 other residents who wanted that kind of arrangement, maybe they’d consider it. Maybe.

3. I am tired of meat. This explains my decision to go meatless for five days a week. The canteen serves nothing much other than meat. If they did happen to include vegetables (in insignificant amounts), the poor things would be overcooked and pathetic sources of vitamins, more so of flavor. I have this craving for broccoli but I know it would take a murder threat for the canteen to serve the stuff.

4. We’re going through Romans in the Sunset Service. Pastor Dave is having a hard time teaching it to us because Romans is a difficult book. I’m looking to the next five Sundays of reading up on Romans with Pastor Dave and the rest of the folks from DCBC.

5. We held our first dorm fellowship last night and it was such a blessing. We went through Isaiah 40. I didn’t bother to give my message a title since I’ve never been good at titles. I praise God for three new ICFers: Apple, Shenna & Karolyn. :) And for letting me be here in Ilang.

6. They’ve made a movie of Memoirs of A Geisha!!! It will be released sometime December---in the US. So that means, I’ll get to watch it by February 2006 if they show it here in the Philies. It boasts of a cast that includes Chow Yun Fat, Michelle Yeoh and Zhang Ziyi. Nitta Sayuri will be played by Ziyi no less. I’ve found the book so fascinating that I have high expectations of this Oscar hopeful from Sony. No trailers available just yet.

7. Me and Nellie are off to SM to buy her a pair of sandals. This should be interesting given that I don’t really understand how she thinks I have good taste in sandals.

6 comments:

Krissy said...

Ack! Totally forgot about Homework Series...Honest, the dog ate it Ma'am.

Analog Talk said...

andami nang nangyari sayo... hope to be able to read your posts soon. i understand the thing with the canteen and your request... it'll cost more kasi if they cook for one person only diba? pero okay sila sa mga no pork kasi no choice sila kasi religion yun eh... try securing a medical certificate.

thanks for caring.

by the way...

coffee's waaaaaaaaaay better than tea. ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nellie. Tea is not caffeine-free. But at least it's healthier than soda. I now usually replace my soda with C2. I recommend the Yellow variety.

What is this thing against meat? Do you know that this is one of the few blessings after Adam's fall? Meat was not allowed before the fall. All they had were fruits and veggies. I suggest you don't stop eating meat. Meat can even turn someone thin. See Atkin's Diet.

Anonymous said...

Wish i could have heard yr sharing on Isaiah 40.

my all time fav verse is Isaiah 40v31:-

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.


p/s - dun think chow yun fat will in memoirs!

Krissy said...

Gosh...

Jordan,

It's not to get thin. It's because I'm plain tired of the stuff. I'm actually craving for broccoli. Broccoli for goodness sake... :)

RTG,

Wow... your back? I mean RTG blog is back? NIce seeing you again by the way. Your new place keeps making me hungry. Especially the time when you posted them trifles. Anyway, I posted an outline of the Isaiah 40 message on Life Under Grace. *Grimaces* I warn you that that's just an outline. :)

Larrie,

Larrie? Where'd that come from?

Nellie-yah,

Where, o where has your little chinese blog gone?

Krissy,

You are so irresponsible.

Krissy said...

dalawa na yang pic mo ha...

oo na, maganda ka na---rocker babe nyahaha