September 20, 2007

There is a time for everything

It's nothing new when Nellie stands in the doorway of our bathroom while I'm sweating trying to scrub those vicious mildew groups off the walls and says, "Kristina, pwede ka na talagang mag-asawa."

And of course the routine reply from yours truly is "Yeah yeah..."

It got me thinking. Do I think I'm ready for marriage? What would being ready be like? By what parameters can I validly answer Tita Nona's question, "Are you ready for him?" with a yes?

I don't think I am fully ready for marriage; there's a lot of rough edges to me yet. At the same time, I don't think those edges will be smoothed out when God brings that man into my life. I can be a woman who is spiritually mature and growing, great with the household stuff, a good sister in Christ to the men I know and emotionally ready to be a wife and mother. But that does not guarantee that Mr. Man will come waltzing into my life.

Wherever I am in my journey can't be determined by things like this. I think. It's more about God's wise timing of events than my maturity, talents and abilities. And that makes me grateful to a God who knows how to plan my life and use even my flaws to His glory.

No comments: