September 05, 2007

Glimpses

I was feeling sadder than usual last night. I just lay there on the top bunk, staring at Psalm 13, letting its powerful words wrap their arms around me and hoping that I will indeed cease taking counsel in my own soul ang trust in His mercy.

Then Nellie got up from the lower bunk and began teasing me. She was so cute. For a moment I thought of my future daughter. Of how she'd come and settle into my arms, give me wet kisses and hug me then say "Mommy, don't be sad. I messed up the kitchen just for you to clean and be happy."

And that made me feel lighter.

The Lord has dealt bountifully with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mukha ba akong kristina + pronoun offspring? :p

Anonymous said...

Mukha ba akong kristina + pronoun offspring? :p

Krissy said...

Alam mo na sagot dyan. =P

Krissy said...

we are such meanies. but i love that we are. hahaha