May 17, 2005

New Things for my Gray Cells

  • The CDF and MGF of determining the distribution of a random variables
  • My Stat 122 professor doesn’t know that we used cheat sheets in our Stat 121 so none of us has memorized any of the univariate distribution formulas. (Sorry for being so technical here) He expects us to know them as much as we know our own names. Therefore, it is imperative that I memorize three sheets worth of formulas.
  • I have lost my ability to sleep with the light’s on. This piece of knowledge cost me a night’s worth of sleep.
  • PDAs are one of the most helpful things ever invented for people who love to make plans, like me.
  • It is good idea to eat all three meals and not stick to eating just dinner. Ulcer is lurking just around the corner, waiting for me to skip a few more meals.
  • Wanting to be excellent in your academics has a price just like wanting to have fun. When you decide to be strive to excellence, accept the fact that your social life will not be as exciting as most people. Don’t go complaining about how boring your life is.
  • As much as I would like to put God, family, friends, acads, fun, writing, and church all in the #1 spot in my priorities, that is impossible. I must learn to prioritize and compromise when situations call for such.
  • Oishi’s Pillows are the best!
  • Good study habits are an art. For those who have mastered it, don’t ever let the world’s “Get a life” get to you because when you stop at practicing the art, picking up on the skill isn’t as easy as ice-skating after five years of absence on the ice rink.
  • As much as you’d like to, you can’t be or can’t provide the solutions to all of your friend’s troubles.

    “Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them---every day begin the task anew.” --- Francis de Sales

5 comments:

Unknown said...

minsan nakakatakot lumapit kay ate krissy when she's surrounded with her technologically advance gadgets. hehe

Krissy said...

Um, a really old one. A Palm m100. Was my mom's. She got tired of using it and gave it to me. :)

What's yours?

Krissy said...

June naman, parang ala kang burner at XP sa laptop mo. I only have an Me and a PDA. Quits na tayo. :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, too bad, I lost the art of being GC.

Krissy said...

Nellie na finally naniniwala nang cute at maganda sya:

oh no you dont go sayin that. we'll see when the sem starts. :)