May 19, 2005

it's never really here

Mom came over and we hung out for some four hours. Gee, I miss her so much. We didn't do anything extraordinary. We had brunch down at the Coop and then some fruit shopping. She made me break off a branch from this plant in the garden of the Church of the Risen Lord. She had a good laugh out of me doing a mock expression of fear and praying out loud for God ot to strike me dead for doing it. She's already caught a bus back home and here I am with a bag of mangga (unripe mangoes). I'm allergic to the stuff but my roommates are having a feast.

---

I was late for class today. Thankfully, our professor was in one of his better moods. He also noticed that most of us looked lost during the discussion and was kind enough to go over the Method of Transformations again.

---



After class, I went to the library to return my due books. That done, I bought myself some green tea (C2) and some crackers and found some shade by the Sunken Garden. I had been there just enjoying the peace when a girl came up and gave me some sales talk to buy a ballpen from her. She said she was doing this so she could earn some money for her college tuition. The pens were P50 and I sadly didn't have enough money left. So I gave her the lone P20 bill in my wallet and invited her to sit.

We exchanged some questions with each other. And I soon turned the conversation to Jesus. I found out that she was a born-again Christian and I didn't need to help the conversation along anymore. She talked freely about how she attended the Catholic church but now she was struggling with what to do now that she's been reading her Bible and there seemed to be a lot of things in her church that seemed out of line with the Word.

I told her that I was once a Catholic myself and how I had gone through the same issue. We talked about how one must find a Church that taught and lived the Truth but that this kind of thing is something you take to God and ask His counsel. After all, I knew some genuine Christians who attended the Catholic church and they were there for a purpose. What was important was to know and and obey the Truth.

And for sometime we just sat there, lost in our own thoughts, until another girl came up and they both left me alone to my thoughts but not without a thank you.

---

There's something amiss and I can't figure out what or who it is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i also love to sit sa sunken.. but i never encountered such thing. except for some kids asking for some loose change and PET bottles. last night, the moon is encircled with lovely rings.

Anonymous said...

helena is no longer around the room. i'm already missing her. soon, i'll be leaving for a two vacation before you. ha, i'll miss you, too

Krissy said...

Fairest June,

I am most disappointed at the prospect of spending three days without any companion.

Thank you for the pleasure of having you as my roommate this summer.n :)