May 26, 2006

Salsa Night in UC Davis

My cousin Rina took me to the Grad (a bar at UC Davis) and we took a salsa class. I was hesitant at first because I always had this thing that I wouldn't dance with a guy unless he was my boyfriend or husband. Then I thought, hey, give it a try. The drink I had helped loosen me up a little. DOn't worry, I didn't get drunk. Just a nice buzz and what my cousin said was "liquid courage".

What was the point I wanted to make again?...

Oh yeah. Do you know, three guys asked me to dance tonight. I'm not showing off. I'm simply astounded. I've been to about five dances back home and during each home I just sat there. No one asked me to dance. I like how the guys here take the initiative or have the courage to go up to a total stranger and ask them if they'd like to dance. And two of them danced really well and put up with the total klutz that is yours truly. It was fun to sit there and know that you'd be asked to dance and not have to sit there the entire evening wondering why no one's offering a hand.

I had great partners tonight (generally). But I still think dancing with your boyfriend is a better idea. The second guy I danced with like holding me by the waist and it was uncomfortable. Thankfuly the other guys just held my hands which made the dancing a lot, lot, LOT easier and comfortable.

So the guy I end up with better know how to dance. Hehe...

Ida, you should have come.

2 comments:

merilion said...

oh, i'll give him a tip—whoever he may be. =D

Anonymous said...

Total klutz? You!? Hah, and what about the rest of us then? (=