May 11, 2006

On Today's Show...

Kuya Stein took me to UC Berkeley this morning but not without a pitstop at Borders and some coffee. So the new Peter Mayle book, Good Earth, costs $9; Donald Miller's Searching for God Knows What is $19; Minden's Ballet Guide costs $30. I'm still trying to figure out how to explain these items to my Mom if I ever buy them, which is something I am sorely tempted to do.

Back to Berkeley. My cousin took me around the engineering and sciences part of the campus. We would've gone up the Clock Tower but it was closed when we dropped by. Kuya tried to get me into the Main Stacks but we didn't get a day pass for that. Basically, we just walked around and compared college cultures here and in UP. We had lunch at this great salad and sandwich place with servings so big that I was only able to finish half of my BLTC sandwich and get one refill on the bottomless strawberry lemonade. After lunch we dropped by a couple of stores on Telegraph Avenue which is something of a shopping section of the campus.

I'd write more but I'm just so tired. Enjoy the pics.



Clock Tower. If we'd been able to go up there, we'd see the entire Bay Area.



The Main Library. Looks like the Main Library back in UP.




I take my last statement back. There isn't a library interior like this in UP. But there should be.



More of the Clock Tower. Spot me.


At the campus gate. I just missed the naked protest that happened near here. Apparently, some students marched around naked to protest the use of sweatshops in the manufacture of campus clothing.

P.S.

You must notice that I post but a few pictures... Sorry about that. It's just hard to try to remember every detail and soak things up AND get good pictures.

3 comments:

merilion said...

beautiful pics, krissy! glad to know your enjoying your vacation. =)

kuya caloy wants to see you. check your mail and contact him asap. =)

will still be praying for your safety, and opportunities for you to minister to your relatives there. enjoy!!!

=)

imissw said...

no pics of the BLT and strawberry lemonade? and a pity u missed the protest or else u'd post some of the pics here too? ;-P

so glad to see u r enjoying yrself! keep the pics and posts coming. and take care!

Anonymous said...

Wow Ate. Wonderful pics. Sana sinama mo ako. Haha.

Do take good care of yourself.