May 08, 2006

Bit Sleepy But Wired


Greetings from Pleasanton, California! =)

I got here last night at 7:03 (the plane was early by 37 minutes!) and had no hitches whatsoever at the immigration. That wasa HUGE relief for everyone. When I left Manila, Mom prayed the whole way back to Pangasinan, Auntie Pina in Singapore was doing some praying too and Auntie Remy did the rosary on the drive to San Francisco to pick me up. I did some major whining and pleading with God on the plane and in the line at the immigration. So thank You Lord for your infinite mercies! And a big shout out to all who loved me in their prayers, the DCBC Sunset people and my dorm friends =)

Also, I didn't get sick on the entire flight.I never felt dizzy or nauseated and the air sickness bag just became a bin for my candies and gum. Hehe. So proud of myself for getting over motion sickness. Perhaps now I can reconsider a career in the service industry i.e. flight attendant. Just kidding.

Forgive me... But I sat next to a really cute guy on the plane. His name brought to my mind Girl with A Pearl Earring. Johann and I just had some idle talk while we were completing our customs declaration. Nothing exciting, I guess. Just that He was cute and a foot taller than me. I seldom meet guys taller than me back home. Victorette Joy Campilan! You must have been praying for that to happen huh? He wasn't British though. =)

Anyway. It's spring here and the flowers are in bloom. I love the weather. It's cold at night and and warm but not humid during the day. Perfect. I went out for a walk this morning with my Aunt. My Aunt's family live in a gated community and man, you guys have to see the houses here! It's like walking through a Better Homes magazine. Will get pics asap.

Itinerary for today:
1) Orientation.The house, the community, the routines here, laundry and kitchen stuff
2) Pick-up Andrew (Aunt Remy's youngest son, 5th grade) and just drive around the neighborhood

I'm sorry this is all coming out so bad. Not in writing mode. =)

3 comments:

nothing when apart said...

woohh...

you're there already.

unlike me, i cannot just easily leave *my native country* for the next two and a half years. thanks to DOST. unless of course if someone assures a bond ;p

say hi to spring there for me :)

Krissy said...

Spring says hi too LG. =)

Krissy said...

Yeah right Joy... Since when did this lady get those kind of guts? =)