April 20, 2006

Flying

I’ll be picking up my plane tickets tomorrow. I’m dizzy with excitement, never realizing before this how much I missed traveling. This will be the first time that I’m going solo and suddenly I feel so grown up, so charged and alive. I have to take care of myself, my precious documents without which I’ll be a persona non grata, and my baggage. There are things to worry about, of course. Things like my motion sickness, the immigration interview, and if I’ll be able to get over my jet lag so I can attend my classes (I’ll be arriving on a Monday and I’ll go straight to UP from the airport). But there is so much more to look forward to, to be excited about and to wish for. I want to act cool and nonchalant about it (I’ve been traveling since I was 10 months old) but I can’t. I’m like a little girl holding her first ice cream cone, eyes wide with wonder and breath held in awe.

1 comment:

imissw said...

ah... travelling! i'm so excited for you. i can even feel your dizziness all the way here! ;-P

i'm still stuck here wif essays due nx monday!

hope u have a good and safe trip.