February 13, 2006

Randomosity

It is amazing how a simple act of giving out a cake recipe can lead to a series of interesting events. Now, whenever I see Luis Manzano or make that ref cake, I'll remember you, my friend.

***

Sheena was fleeced of her bag (containing her digicam, cellphone, wallet, flash disk, clothes, and most important, her lab notebook) last Friday. The bus she took to Pangasinan was held-up by five armed men. Thank God she's safe and that no one on that bus got hurt. She pleaded to have her bag back just so she could take her lab notebook which was essential to her thesis but was too scared to press the point. She's pretty composed but then it's been two days and she the type that has really delayed reactions.

Boy, am I so glad she's safe. It's a shame she lost all those expensive things but I think the lab notebook costs way more than any of them, seeing as she's already having a hard time finishing her thesis.

So please pray for the talk that she'll be having with her thesis adviser and for some specimens of Acantamoeba to show up in her experiments so that she can finish her thesis, graduate, go to med school and become a doctor. Thank you.

***

Must. Not. Read. Those. Books. 3AM is finding me outside inthe garden dancing ballet or writing just so I don't read them. I need a seriously large and interesting stock of good, clean books or else... God have mercy on me and help me.

3 comments:

nothing when apart said...

yup, i also believe that crema de fruta (ref cake) has become significant and played something in my (senior college)life. :)

thanks for sharing the recipe!

Krissy said...

You're welcome. =) Oh, what a pleasure it's turning out to be...

Anonymous said...

so that's what it's called. People kept saying crema and I could not understand how anyone could call that thing cream when I could taste a lot of other ingredients with it.