October 09, 2005

Sleepless Yet Again

It's finals week(s) here in the university. The water heaters are working double time, caffeine consumption is at an all time high, the electric meter is going faster(?) and a tense mood prevails in the dorm halls as students wave limp hands to fellow bleary-eyed ladies stumbling to or from the CR.

As for me (and my house, we shall serve the Lord...), I'm as weighed down by eye bags as anyone. Especially since my chronic insomnia is back. I have actually gone two days without sleep, unintentionally. I lie there in bed trying evey possible technique I can think of to induce sleep but to no success. When I do, by sheer miraculous force, fall asleep, I wake up three hours later. Tonight's another one of those 3-hour naps. Three hour naps that my body somehow thinks it can last on for three days.

I'm going to fail my Stat 131 unless by sheer miraculous force (yeah, it's become my phrase lately), my professor changes the grade equivalents and curves like crazy. It's easier to understnad and accept failure when you know you haven't been putting your back into it. But I've just about thrown my back out studying for this subject and yet, here I have a forty something average leering at me.

God help us.

No comments: