October 25, 2005

Updates: Puppy Love

Yeah! I have an internet connection! Yeah, well, it's this dial-up one that's kinda slooow, but hey, I'll take it over having no access at all.

Yeah, so, um, okay...updates right.

Well, I just remembered I missed Kuya Eigen's birthday. My cellphone+organizer is usually in my yougest brother's hands these days. He claims to have hollered at me when the reminder went off but I waved it off absentmindedly so here we are. Do you ever have those times when everything's whirring around you and people are having conversations next to you but somehow you're detached from it all and you can't hear anything? Yeah, I've been having a lot of those phases lately. Must be the boredom that settles in after the household chores are done.

But the e-books I downloaded [may be read as "pirated"] are keeping me company. So far, I've finished Deception Point and Book 5 of Harry Potter. Really good stuff. Finally, everything in Book 6 that was fuzzy to me (like "How did Sirius die?!") was explained to me. Reading books in the wrong order isn't something highly recommended.

I'm in the middle of Artemis Fowl and I could finish it in an afternoon (only 367 pages as a PDF) but my mother has appointed me the official chemistry tutor of my brother Mikhael. He got a passing grade but he needs some serious review so I'm reviewing my chemistry book for him. Teaching my brother is a rather pleasant experience. I try to make things seem fun and easy. He isn't fooled but the look on his face when he watches me and all my enthusiasm is priceless. It's different from all the other you-are-barking-mad looks that I get.

One of the things that was supposed to keep me busy was the choreography for I Can Only Imagine. I discovered that it's rather uncomfortable to do all the work in view of my brothers and grandmother. So work is slow since the dancing doesn't start until 11:00 PM. Which should be no problem except that my biological clock is working perfectly now. Not a trace of insomnia. I feel sleepy by 10:00 PM and wake up at 5:30AM. So dancing when my body is screaming for sleep is, well, sluggish. Not an iota of imagination/creativity at that hour either. I hope that while steps are coming in slowly, I'll have a decent piece before the semester starts. If I don't, I have two fall backs so I'm not that anxious.

To enhance my housekeeping skills (which, if you don't recall, have deteriorated due to lack of practice), we've swapped duties here at home. The boys are on kitchen duty and I'm the lone staff for housekeeping. My first few days here weren't up to standard. Mom complained. Dad did a lot of bickering. But after those ominous days, people came home at night and not a word was said, which in our family, means that you're finally up to standards.

I brought DVDs of Spanglish and National Treasure home. Both were big hits with the family.

November 3 and 4 have been declared holidays so that adds up to two more weeks of bliss.
But if I'm honest with myself, I'd have to admit that two thirds of me wants to get back to academic life. The other third, well, it wants to continue lazing around and wandering mindlessly through the house.


My greatest achievement this sembreak?

The dogs are in love with me.

No comments: