July 10, 2007

The Sick Post

I am sick. Yet again.

I have a feeling my body is waging a war on me and it refuses to tell me why. I wasn’t this sickly before. I’d bounce back from a fever or cold in less than a week despite depriving it of much needed sleep. Water therapy, Tylenol and warm baths were all it took.

I was feeling better (I was, I was, I was!!!) last weekend. In fact I felt so good that I was able to go out with my friends and make wonderful memories, watch Transformers and survive the commute with smile.

But yesterday, my body went crazy. It started with a really bad headache on my way home. Then I started coughing again, the kind of coughs that make your chest hurt, so much noise and so little “output”. After dinner, I began to heat up. I think it was just a slight fever but my Tita wanted to bring me to the hospital because she said I had a high fever. I bet my next salary that if I weren’t 5’5” tall and she wasn’t 4’ tall, she’d have dragged me out of my bed and into an emergency room. (This after just telling a friend that gambling was bad!)

This is hard for me to say especially since I’ve been telling people this morning that I’m okay and that I can survive another day at the office. But this stubborn workaholic is coming out:

I want to go home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

on and off fever, and high fever? Could be dengue or typhoid. Better have yourself checked.

Anonymous said...

You stole my dengue!!!!!

hahay.


"In fact I felt so good that I was able to go out with my friends and make wonderful memories, watch Transformers and survive the commute with smile."

I love the make wonderful memories... ayikee...

merilion said...

pagaling ka, krissy...