July 06, 2007

10 Favorite Sensory Experiences

  1. Hugs
  2. Having my hair brushed or stroked. But it'll feel good with certain people only. I react negatively to others.
  3. Back massages done by at Ate Nitz, field interviewer extraordinaire who never fails to make me laugh.
  4. The feel of a teaspoon of honey in my mouth.
  5. The soothing sight of waves as they come in and out (recede?) and the sounds of the shore: the waves, the gulls, the people around.
  6. The sound of Apple and Yam laughing.
  7. The whole experience of singing the benediction every Sunday with the entire DCBC family.
  8. Joy and her southern belle accent... Or is that soul sistah accent???
  9. The smell of freshly baked bread, strawberry wine and babies after their bath.
  10. Dancing ballet... Feeling the floor when I'm on pointe... Being attuned to my body... Listening to the music... Feeling the sweat trickle down my back... And the sound of my teacher's voice reciting the steps.

No comments: