July 30, 2007

Divine Discontent?

I have nothing to complain about. Nothing substantial anyway. There has been nothing but blessings after blessing in my life. Even with the minor troubles and worries, I find myself unshaken and still standing on the Rock. And that is something I am extremely grateful for. God knows how shaky I can be in my walk with Him.

But there's this nagging dissatisfaction. More prayer perhaps? More reading of His Word? A commitment to serve in our church?

Everything is okay, some things are even excellent in my life. But there's got to be MORE to life than this. I don't like waking up mornings with the Teacher's words echoing through my mind, "Vanity, everything is vanity..."

I want to wake up, smile at the sun streaming through our bedroom blinds and praise God for another day.

Maybe it's a will thing.

1 comment:

delusion angel said...

maybe it takes practice. ^_^