April 15, 2007

Which way? Sit? Okay, I'll sit and be still.

It's not so bad after all. Worries just got the better of me. It's still frustrating and very tiring that I don't have a definite routine yet. But life has been quite an adventure lately and I may be losing pounds living it. Hehe.

I've had lots of promising first and second interviews with very good companies. I'm sorely tempted to insist on my choice of work, but God has been enabling me to pray for His best instead of what I think is best. "I establish your steps", He tells me and then proceeds to give me grace to trust and surrender.

Living on campus and having the luck to reside in a dorm that's just a stroll away from my college building has definitely not prepared me for long commutes. For those who don't know, I live with my Tita in Paranaque right now. To get to UP, I have to take four rides and the average time I spend travelling is 1.5 hours. Being a night owl certainly does not help with waking up early. But, with a lot of help from my Tita and 7 year old niece, I haven't missed or been late for an appointment. I've discovered the joys of commuting. What joys you ask. Well, you get to plan the day ahead or examine the day that was. You get to spend time thinking, reflecting, or praying. And you can lose weight. Public transporation in the Philippines is a entire workout: climbing stairs, running after buses, strenghthening your core by trying to maintain an upright position while standing... And if you happen to be wearing a suit, the summer weather will give you a sauna treatment.

Speaking of my niece (some sentences earlier), being around her has made me realize I don't have a lot of a disciplinarian energy in me. One smile and my irritation is gone. Not in the mood to bathe? Fine, I'll give her fifteen minutes to get one and then I'll give her another fifteen minutes. I can't even muster enough to intimidate her into listening to me. I am bound to spoil my kids. *Grimaces*

Anyway, I have a room all to myself and that's something I've always dreamed of. I wasn't wrong about all the perks it has. I have a lot of privacy which means I don't have to feel conscious while praying (I tend to pray out loud). It's good for my GRE review too. Somehow, I have managed to stay away from the television with all it's channels, Gray's Anatomy and House. I am tempted to use the phone a lot but since I don't have anyone to call locally its escaped an unpleasant fate. There's a community pool that I enjoy almost every night. I wasn't very close to my Tita and cousins before but they are such a riot that it's hard to be lonely during the day. God is good. Really.

Graduation is this Thursday and I don't even have a dress or shoes. I'm STILL not feeling it. Haha... This is unusual behavior for a Mel-Phleg like me.

Okay, this post clearly has no theme. Sorry.

1 comment:

nothing when apart said...

hey...

my blog life is not uber-active nowadays, but i could not help commenting regarding this latest post.

hahahahaha!!! you just have no idea how i could relate re: commuting 1.5hours! mine sometimes would take 2hours (1 ride/shuttle lang yun ha), kumusta naman diba? :)

regarding landline, i have one here but of no use. because people (both work and non-work) call/contact me via my mobile or email. i am just maintaining it (read: for two years - contract with the telco, though this could be settled easily) since it is required for me to have a net connection (besides, the company pays for both phone and net ;p) you could phone the people based in student center. i'm all ears too if you want, assuming i am at home (hehehe).

your new world now might be irritating at first, but when you get the hang of it, it is a blast. though always keep your guard, maintain your quiet times with Him, and the fellowship with other believers because we still need to keep on growing (to wit, say like kanina sa service namin, sobrang swak sa akin ung message, aww... XD)

welcome to the real world! :)