April 05, 2007

I want to stay, I want to go


This is no longer home for me. The packing has kept me preoccupied so the misery hasn't set in until now. I'm done packing almost six years worth of UP life. Tomorrow, I'll be home for the first time in five months. Tonight, I am besieged with worries.

Four hours from now I'll move to my Tita Perla's place in Paranaque. Four days from now I'll start working at NIH. I feel like I've been stripped of all my comforts - friends, familiar places and the comfortable routine of student life. It's depressing but I must move along. The light for my path these days is the knowledge that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. The life I lead may change drastically but the One who leads me changes not. With that I can close my eyes and sleep in His embrace of love that casts out all my fears.

3 comments:

imissw said...

Blessed Easter, mate.

You are so right - in me life, things have changed drastically in the past few months. But i'm thankful for a God who remains the same, who still loves me just as much.

Take care.

~Mun Onn~

Anonymous said...

wow, you're working where?

time flew fast.

Anonymous said...

oh I remember the sadness of leaving the dorm. Mean, it was a reminder of college torture but it was sort of pseudo-home. :)