May 22, 2007

Yey! A Post! (Also read: Pathetic Attempt to Update Blog)

Getting your first paycheck is quite the rollercoaster of emotions. Or is it just me and my warehouse stocked with emotions? Okay, getting MY first REAL paycheck had all the ups and downs and all arounds of a theme park ride.

First, there was the understated text message from a fellow trainee. "Chek ATM. Erly sweldo ntin." I read the text message, looked at my cousin over an emty plate of cake crumbs and scream: "I have money to buy more cake!!! Or coffee. For that matter anything we wanna eat today!!!"

Then there was the mad rush to find a BPI ATM. They are like kabute most of the time but never seem to be grow near you when you actually need to have cash sprigatti. We walk in the crazy heat and by the time we spot one, we could have hurled ourselves against the wall and we would have stuck.

But I forgot my amoy-pawis parfum the moment the machine spit out a receipt. I had cash! Cash I earned! First ever salary! Hah! There was some dancing involved. All the movement probably precipitated thoughts in my brain. I stare at the little slip of paper I was dancing about. What?! Laki naman ng tax/SSS/Philhealth ko!!! Wah! I stopped dancing.

Brains whirled with quick calculations for budget. Momentary joy when I realized I can live comfortably and have a some left for savings. Plunged into panic when I remember that this is God's salary more than it is mine. Tithes!!! Oh my... Okay. Redid calculations. At the end of it all, I'm so grateful Mom is still giving me money for rent. I reminded and still remind myself not to panic too much about how I'll survive five months from now when Mom cuts the rent support. Just save like crazy and curb the comforts (read: comfort food and comfort shoe shopping).

Okay. I can do this. I can. I will survive until the next payday. Hopefully, it'll be early again. Hehe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Libre naman! hehe. :P