September 24, 2006

Nice, Naive, and Beautiful --- Plumb

The month didn't have a promising opening. I went out to ice skate and ended up tearing a couple of ligaments. A cast immobilized my left leg for two weeks. It's off now but muscle atrophy settled in during the [over]cast days. I can't even run if my life depended on it, much less dance. I feel so sad that I can't dance, can't turn up the volume on my iPod and move around the room at 3AM.

Of course, my iPod died on me too. Great timing.

There's my laptop. Hay, laptop. You and your mood swings.

Then there's the dorm matter. I wasn't renewed so I have to look for some place to live in next semester. I'm graduating so new living conditions were on the horizon. This, however, feels premature and depressing.

But. In the words of LG, "Life is good. Life will get better. Trust that something good is around the corner."

Thus,

Things That Make this Month A Great Month Despite Setbacks and Circumstances:

1. Mom, Dad, Omar, Mikhael
2. Tickets for December US trip.
3. Stillwaters people for taking me in
4. Nellie, Yam, Roxanne for being there when I was lonely, needy and depressed
5. Ate Jojee for understanding her crazy kid
6. New friends at Stat
7. Thirst for Him
8. The kindness of strangers when I needed rides and help during the days I had a cast on.
9. There is breath, blood and life in me.

And look at that, I'm a two decades and two today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Krissy! Happy Birthday! ^_^ May God bless you in your endeavors! ^_^ Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday future housemate! :)

may the joy of the Lord continue to overflow in your life - dorm life or otherwise ;p

junette

Anonymous said...

pee bday! ^_^

Krissy said...

Thanks everyone!