October 20, 2008

Precious Moments

Me and carlo went home to Pangasinan this weekend. What a fun and filling experience it was! Wished we stayed longer!

Some of the highlights:

1. On the trip home. Carlo complained of a mouth sore and I teased him that they cook sinigang at home. I didn’t know what they’d be cooking for lunch but sure enough when we got home, pork sinigang was for lunch. But Carlo forgot all about his mouth sore and ate. And ate. And ate some more during the course of the weekend. I think he especially loved Mom’s cassava cake. If he had stayed any longer, I’m putting my money on it that he would have gained the six pounds back.


2. On the trip home. Chicken skin. Always the chicken skin on my arms. I can’t seem to get warm enough.


3. My nose about to bleed while Carlo and my mom discussed oil prices and stocks. And then my nose about to bleed when Carlo and Omar almost went into a similar same discussion.


4. Carlo discovered where I got my “I-can-do-this-myself” attitude when Mom puts away a heavy turbo broiler all by herself.


5. As my dad pulled up to the house, my mom jokingly told Carlo to go hide. Everyone had a laugh.


6. When Carlo made mano on Dad, Dad had to look twice because he thought it was Omar.


7. Over dinner. Dad slipped and asked if why we weren’t singing happy birthday to Carlo. Mom apparently forgot to coach him that they were supposed to act like they didn’t know it was his birthday. Carlo’s ears turned red. Hahaha...


8. Again over dinner. Family asked if we were born in the same year and they found out that I was a month older than Carlo. We were right about the shaving thing. Unshaven, Carlo looks more mature. Shaven he looks younger than his 24 years. Omar said “ Kaya pala mukhang mas bata kayo...” I’m assuming the unsaid words were “...kaysa kay Ate”


9. Carlo scraping the cassava cake crust off the aluminum foil. Told you he liked it.


10. After dinner. Carlo gets up to help me with the dishes and I surprise everyone including myself by saying “Upo!” in a stern voice. He promptly sits. While I was cleaning up the table, my brother tells him, “It’s not too late to back out, you know”


11. Waking up to my mom saying “Kristina gising na si Carlo” at 7AM. People. Sunday. 7AM. Carlo is such a morning person. That’s got to be the earliest I’ve been up on a Sunday in a long time. These morning people talaga o. But had some fun listening to him and mom tell stories while I sat next to Carlo at the kitchen table half asleep.


12. Slipping with calling Carlo “Hon” in front of my family. He had a couple slips too. Habits are hard to get rid of even in front of family.


13. On the way back to Manila. Family texts Carlo instead of me. It seems they have opted to communicate to the both of us through him when they know we’re together. Gee, did not expect that to happen this early.


14. On the way back to Manila. Carlo falling asleep mid-sentence. I couldn’t even understand what he was trying to say. Hahaha... But how I wish I could just freeze that moment with his cheek resting on my head and our hands clasped together.


15. On the way back to Manila. Someone cried. Good thing that was resolved quickly. Hehehe


We forgot to take pictures though. Boo.

No comments: