October 13, 2008

Joining the Bandwagon

There seems to be a "Pastor's Wife" thing going on care of Ate Shii and Ate Happy... I'm joining the bandwagon.

But in a different sense.

I don't want to be one nor have I been entrusted to be one. I hope I never will.

I absolutely admire those women who go into it with their entire selves, those who dream and pray for such gift, those who flourish in that place. They are wonderful souls and their hearts are truly a blessing to everyone. Being a pastor's wife is a rare gift and high calling. It looks demanding but perhaps for those called to it, they find that the joy outweighs struggles. God will give His all sufficient grace where He leads us.

But I am one of those women "who evade that path" (Pastor XY's description in Ate Shii's post). I have never seriously pictured myself on that path. I want something else (want it sooo bad!) and think that my dream is a noble goal din naman (can anyone say housewife?)

But that doesn't mean God won't put me on PW path ever. But if that time does come, I'll be dragged onto it kicking and screaming.


Kicking and screaming.

No comments: