November 21, 2005

Collapsing to the floor in Giggles

The contract with the internet provider for our dormitory has expired so we've all just been forced back to internet cafes where the keyboards are wacky and the webpages take a week to download. The gap in our lives left after two years of 24/7 internet access is a lunch, dinner, bathroom and study room topic with us ladies these days. Sigh.

I'm on 12 units this semester. That's four majors:

Statistics 125: Statistical Software
Sir Russel again! Ang saya saya! You can't stay grumpy in his class. There's always this light atmosphere that's infectious. We're going to take up excel, SPSS and SAS.


Statistics 132: Nonparametric Statistics.
Sir Greg never fails to give some inspiration during his classes. I'm having a hard time calling him Sir when I used to call him Kuya. He's a churchmate of mine and he even tutored me and my friends in a math subject. The biggest advantage of having a friend as a professor is that you study harder. Nakakahiya eh. Of course, most of the time, it doesn't feel good (especially when you want to take a 4 hour nap) but like they say, "No pain, no gain."


Statistics 133: Bayesian Analysis
This is my third subject with Ma'am Ohly. She's the really kind professor who allowed me to take the exam (in Stat 135 last semester) even if I arrived super late because I overslept. I'll be forever grateful to her.


Statistics 136: Regression Analysis
We haven't started yet but as Sir Joyce is my adviser, I'm looking forward to studying with him. He was ever so helpful and accomodating when I was a shiftee and he was a big help in planning out my course load.


----

I've signed up and applied to Ex Libris, an organization for book lovers. Finally, a pack of people who understand that it is worth starving just so you can get a certain edition of a book. They say I'm a nerd. I totally agree with Ex Libris when they say that we're just well read. :)

----

Choreographing for the cantata is on full blast. Just one weekend to go and we haven't even practiced. Good grief di ba?

The good news is that there are now four of us: Sheena, Lu, Janna and me. So if we can't all learn the dances, we can spread them around. Hmmm...I should begin thinking about what we're going to wear too.

You're all invited to come and watch. The Christmas Cantata is on December 4 and 11, 6:00pm at the PSSC which is located between the AIT and New Era along Commonwealth. Admission is free. Bring your friends too. There'll be food(!) after the show.

----

The biggest news of all? Teacher Mylene has permitted me to get pointe shoes!!! I'm going to start dancing on pointe!!! Of course, where I'll get the P3000 is unknown but I think that's easier to solve than the permit, right? Hehe...I am currently thinking of selling some of my precious books and CDs. That should earn some of it. I'll let you guys know.

That's it for now. Have to go. God bless you everyone. :)

1 comment:

Krissy said...

for that...pumunta ko dito...hehe...i was so worried, you were so hyper in them, I was so afraid you'd sprain yourself. Then what?