January 02, 2008

Mind over Matter

Forget that:

  • I'm back in the office, making my slow progress with my inbox and all the other things on my mental to do list...
  • (because) I just came from Pangasinan and am operating on less than two hours of sleep
  • I don't have roommates...
  • Worse, that my best friend is not back in Manila yet
  • Christmas went by in a blur of food and TV programs
  • I have no spiritual health in me
  • I don't want to fast because I'm going to fast for all the wrong reasons but maybe it's like what God said to Moses, that he'd only find out who God was only after he led the people out of Egypt... Maybe I'll shut up, and give my pea-sized faith a stretch
  • I'm a couple of pounds heavier
  • I will lose bet after bet because I do not trust him
  • We don't have performance bonus yet... and we may never get one.

And remember:

  • Long driving with the family to Manila
  • Getting a facial with Mom
  • Inang's laugh when she was found out
  • Meeting Mcol and having loads of fun with her
  • The four foot tall teddy bear Omar gave Mcol for Christmas
  • Night with the girls in Serendra and how beautiful we were and how beautiful we still are without the make-up and clothes
  • That I have a job! A good one where I learn, often the hard way, a lot of things and where nothing is ever boring.
  • That someone somewhere thinks I'm something and that I'll find out exactly what soon, I hope.
  • God won't give up on me. God has plans for me.

Cheers!

No comments: