December 12, 2006

Let It Snow, Let It Snow...


Nice things have been happening these past days and I am thankful for two things. One, that these events happen and continue to happen. They are answered prayers. I had resigned myself to believing that God’s answers to those cries was NO but now I find that His answer then was WAIT. It is a grand performance of His love and I watch joyfully as I would watch snowflakes fall in summer.**

The second thing I am thankful for is that I have yet to be distracted from the true Light by the falling blessings. I pray that this continues. It’s grace. It’s all because He’s holding me firmly, rooting me as if I were a tree that didn’t have enough sense to bury its roots in the soil. While I am often caught up in whirlwinds of doubt and fear and my eye daily wanders towards the other side, He turns me time and time again to the task at hand. I can’t build my life around the pleasantries that have been happening. Tomorrow, a fierce storm can wipe them off the face of my path and they will be cherished memories but not bread on which I can continue this journey.


I take back my initial count. I am thankful for three things, the third being the constancy and light of the Truth. (grammar?) In churning waves of emotion, the Word of God anchors me safely.

There. I was just thankful and had to write that.

** Yes, I have seen snowflakes fall in summer. =) Okay, it was early summer or late spring at Lake Tahoe. Still.

No comments: